BroStocks is a financial entertainment and education web site. We are not licensed financial professionals. All information on this site and in the following post should not be construed as investment advice or a specific recommendation. Do your own research and/or consult a financial professional before investing your money.
|Robinhood Customer Support: Best Contact Methods at a Glance|
|1. Website: Create a ticket at the following link: http://robinhood.com/support|
2. In-app: Select “Contact Us” in app, follow instructions.
3. Email: Send an email to: email@example.com
4. Twitter: Robinhood offers limited support at @AskRobinhood on Twitter.
5. Phone number: Robinhood, as of October 2021, now offers 24/7 phone support through their app, the number they call back from is (650) 761-7789 or similar.
6. Live Chat: Robinhood now offers live chat support.
7. Forum (unofficial): Visit the Robinhood Reddit page for helpful responses from other users: https://www.reddit.com/r/RobinHood/
The Robinhood investing app offers a sleek and easy to understand interface that makes it a great choice for beginning investors. When your positions are up, they are highlighted in green, and when they are down you see red. It’s intuitive to both buy and sell your positions and they even make options trading clear and understandable when you’re ready for more advanced strategies.
However, just because Robinhood is easy to use, doesn’t mean you won’t have a problem. It’s good to know how you can quickly contact Robinhood’s customer support in case you have questions or encounter some unexpected issues. As Robinhood is a technology focused platform, you may run into tech issues, in addition to typical challenges found at all other brokers.
How to Contact Robinhood Support
Like many tech startups, Robinhood was initially not big on phone contact and did not encourage questions by phone as a first option. However, now that the company is publicly traded, they’ve significantly ramped up their phone supporter and just announced 24/7 phone support in October 2021.
The below GIF from Robinhood’s blog shows the process in real time what it looks like on your phone when you request support:
While you cannot technically call up Robinhood with a 1-800 number, the system they have in place makes it a much more convenient way to seek phone support than any of their previous offerings. Once you go through the process on the app, it makes it pretty simple to get a call back. This is the best method to contact Robinhood immediately.
To start, click the the three lines in the top right corner of the page that comes up when you click the icon that looks like a person in the bottom right corner of any page on the Robinhood app. It will then pop up with a menu that has ‘Help’ as the bottom option. After that, click ‘contact us’. If you click ‘I have a different question’, you can then be led to a menu of recent stock, options and crypto purchases or a menu of other topics. You click on those purchases, or the menu of topics to choose from. It will then give the option to be contacted by phone or e-mail. After that, you are then put in line to receive a phone call from Robinhood, which they say is a ‘650’ area code telephone number that will call you.
Robinhood, as of October 2022, now offers 24/7 live chat support. The process of initiating live chat is similar to the phone support process. However, instead of picking the phone support option, you can simply pick the live chat option as shown in the image below.
Common Robinhood Customer Support Issues
We wanted to know how often Robinhood users had customer support issues and how successfully the company was in dealing with them. After all, they are holding on to your money so should prioritize customer care.
Here are some of the most common questions and issues that Robinhood customers have reported, again via the popular Robinhood Reddit page, which has about 220,000 members as of this writing:
- Margin calls being incorrectly applied on Robinhood Gold.
- Account being marked as a Pattern Day Trader (PDT).
- Options questions, including options being exercised or missing premiums.
- Managing watchlists.
- App not working properly during high volume trading times.
- Orders not filling as expected, including on options.
- Cash management questions.
- Discrepancies in pricing of securities between Robinhood and other brokers.
- Notifications not working as expected.
- Glitches to graphs for stocks and options.
- Requests to cancel a deposit or withdrawal.
- Buying power not displaying accurately.
- Pre and post-market trading questions.
- Dividend reinvesting questions.
- Wash sale questions.
- How to transfer funds from Robinhood to another brokerage account.
- Password reset questions and unexpected activity after a password reset.
- Unknown device logging into my Robinhood account.
- Ability to fund a Robinhood account through PayPal.
As you can see, there are are many questions Robinhood users have in relation to their account and the behavior of the app. The above was just a selection from the past week. It’s clear than marrying an innovative app with the stock market is sometimes not without hiccups.
The real question is: how good is Robinhood at resolving issues?
How Good is Robinhood Support?
It’s hard to give Robinhood Support a solid grade based on definitive data. Many people on Reddit report relatively quick responses by email to their questions that resolved their problems. It should also be noted that their help guide is relatively solid and could resolve many common questions, especially for beginners.
Robinhood is a free service offering a large audience their first taste of investing. By leveraging technology to make this happen, they understandably have fewer actual people working for them compared to a large and established brokerage firm. Also keep in mind that they likely receive a huge volume of basic questions that have more to do with the user not understanding the basics of how markets work (e.g. “Why can’t I sell my stock on a Saturday?”) that may overwhelm their ability to provide personalized service that we expect from other brokerages.
However, it is quite clear that by now offering the long awaited phone support and live chat on a 24/7 basis, Robinhood recognizes that there are other competitors out there trying to market themselves as more serious investing tools. As a publicly traded company, we and many others called upon Robinhood to do better and it seems this is a step toward recognizing their power and weight among younger investors and traders.
How to buy fractional shares on Robinhood
How to Buy OTC Stocks on Robinhood
Robinhood Referral Code: Easy Way to Get Free Stocks For You and Friends
Robinhood Logo: What Robinhood’s Design Choices Mean For You
Top 5 Monthly Paying High Dividend Yield Stocks on Robinhood for 2022